- Melbourne Senior Campus
- King Khalid Coburg Campus
- Caroline Springs Campus
- Sydney Strathfield Campus
- Sydney Kellyville Campus
The PYP Exhibition
Australian School of Abu Dhabi
In the final year of the PYP, students participate in a culminating project, the PYP Exhibition. This requires that each student demonstrates engagement with the five essential elements of the programme: knowledge, concepts, skills, attitudes and action. It is a transdisciplinary inquiry conducted in the spirit of personal and shared responsibility, as well as a summative assessment activity that is a celebration as students move from the PYP into the middle years of schooling.
The PYP exhibition has a number of key purposes including the following:
- To facilitate students engaging in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry.
- To provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning.
- To provide students with an opportunity to explore multiple perspectives.
- For students to synthesize and apply their learning of previous years, and to reflect on their journey through the PYP.
- To provide an authentic process for assessing student understanding.
- To demonstrate how students can take action as a result of their learning.
- To unite the students, teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP.
- To celebrate the transition of learners from primary to middle/secondary education.
As the culminating PYP experience, the exhibition reflects all the major features of the program and it includes regular and carefully planned assessment.
This assessment takes two forms:
- Ongoing assessment of each individual student’s contribution to and understanding of the exhibition.
- A summative assessment and reflection on the event itself.